Few things make a guy feel prouder of his strong, healthy penis than to ejaculate and see the semen shoot up in a fountain, spattering several feet away. For some men, this is a common occurrence, while for others, it happens only occasionally, if ever. While it’s certainly not a prerequisite for having an eventful and vigorous sex life, an impressive ejaculation distance is a great bonus. While some men may never fire any shots that hit the headboard, there are steps that they can take to increase the chance for a load that travels greater lengths. Best of all, these steps can also be a part of a man’s general penis care routine.
All guys know where their semen comes from, but they may be a little fuzzy on what goes into making it geyser (or dribble) out of the shaft. When a man ejaculates, the urinary sphincter and the bulbospongiosus muscle work together to force the semen up along the urethra and propel it out of the penis. To a large degree, the strength of these two components will determine the force with which the semen is expelled, which in turn effects how far the semen shoots.
Steps to take to improve ejaculation distance
There are a number of things that a man can take to increase the distance that his ejaculate travels after leaving the penis. For example:
1) Kegel exercises. As mentioned, the bulbospongiosus muscle plays a very important role in enabling ejaculate to fly farther; therefore, the stronger that muscle, the better the chances for an impressive off-load. Kegel exercises can help to strengthen (or keep strengthened) the bulbospongiosus. To locate the appropriate muscle for kegel exercises, when a man urinates he should stop himself in midstream; the muscles he naturally tightens are the ones to utilize during kegel exercises. He should practice tightening those muscles, holding for a few seconds and then releasing. Doing 10 repetitions of this several times a day can help strengthen these muscles and improve ejaculation propulsion.
2) Edging. Another essential exercise for improving shooting distance is edging. To edge, a man comes right to the brink of ejaculating, then stops; he lets the urge to ejaculate subside a bit, then again comes to the edge of ejaculating and stops again; and repeats this process for as long as he can (preferably a half hour or more). Daily edging practice for at least a couple of weeks often helps bring about improvements in ejaculation distance.
3) Vary the rhythm. When edging, it often helps to vary the rhythm when approaching the ultimate release. Slowing the movement down for the last minute or two and then suddenly driving forward at full force can help to propel the semen out at a greater force and distance.
4) Drink plenty of water. To some degree, volume of ejaculate impacts distance. A well-hydrated man tends to have a higher volume of semen.
5) Delay gratification. In general, a man will have a …